Wednesday, September 14, 2011

family, speak for not to speak.

You know, I remember being a teenager. I also remember how difficult it was. We have a large family, lots and lots of neices and nephews!
The ages range from 1 yrs old to 33.....it's pretty wild!
We have realized that we, as Aunts, cannot control them. We haven't tried to control them, just guide them. I figured that was one of my repsonisibilities as an Aunt.
My 13 yr old neice decided to curse on FB alot this past year........13!!
So, my sister(not the mom) and I thought that we would correct her and ask her to please stop, not only is it embarrassing to us, it can also hurt her in the long run.
The last time we confronted her with it, she said it was "her facebook and she should be albe to express herself as she pleases". No support from her mom, which makes even more difficult for us. Mom thinks it's good that she expresses herself...Expressing oneself is great, but when you talk bad about someone else and curse and putting your business out for everyone to see is not!
So she deletes us (family) and keeps her old FB, creates a new FB and requests us to be her friends.......NOT!
We are not stupid..
So, from here on out, we will keep our mouths closed, no longer worrying about what they do. we will focus on our own immediate family and no one elses!

No comments:

Post a Comment