Thursday, April 23, 2009

I feel aweful! I haven't posted in over 2 weeks nor have I commented/read any postings.
SORRY!
It has been really busy these past few weeks.
A couple of weeks ago, my side kick at work, Kim, became very ill and admitted into the hospital..I worked double time and was beat.
She is better! I realized while she was out how great she is and such an asset to our office. I had to re-learn all I trained her..weird.
Last week some friends of ours that once lived across the street came to visit, Daniel, Amber and Emma Hamby.
Daniel was the very busy State Trooper for NHC last year. His wife Amber and I became very close while they lived here and Emma (5) and Mallory were BFF's.
It was so sad when they moved and we ALL cried.
Mallory knew that they were coming b/c we had talked about it several weeks ago but she had forgotten...So when Emma walked thru the door, she called out "Mal Mal"!! (she used to call Mallory) and Mallory was in her room. Her eyes lite up and she looked at me and said, "Who was dat"? I, of course, said that I didn't know....She got up and peeped around the corner and saw Emma, took off, and wrapped her little arms around her....It was so precious and brought tears to my eyes.
Mallory talks about Emma at least 3 times a week, especially when we are outside and she can see the house they once lived in.
We had a great time with them Thurs and Friday...they played so well together.
Amber and I were able to sneak away and get our Nails done and catch up.
**
Darleen and I have been practicing a little bit for our Non-Talent show that we were talked into doing for Relay for Life....OMG! This is so crazy!.We will look like idiots Saturday.
She hurt her neck as we were practicing and can't get it straight...just pulled a muscle...I told her NO EXCUSES!
Glad that it will be a pretty weekend.........bye.

3 comments:

  1. Awww...so glad your friends could come visit...I know you all had a great time catching up.

    Good luck on Saturday...wish I could be there to see it! I know y'all will be great! Have a great weekend:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got to catch up with your old friends. I can't wait to see you guys Sat. at the Relay of Life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you had a nice weekend!! Remember there are no rules in blogging. Blog when you can. I am looking forward to what you have to say in the future.

    ReplyDelete