Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Mallorys Birthday Weekend...






Well as you all know, my now 5 year old daughter, Mallory had a birthday weekend with your ole Mom and Dad. I can't believe she is 5! Mallory Cate Flythe is the sweetest little girl and loves everyone. She sees good in all people and is very smart. When I FINALLY got pregnant I asked God every night to please bless us with a healthy child and if it wasn't too much to ask, a sweet one. My family always said that I would have a mean child b/c I was/am so mean. HA.
She has her moments but she is such a loving little girl. She always tells us how much she loves us. Mallory is such a blessing to Stevie and I and can't imagine a day without her. She starts school in August and realizing that we all will have a difficult time with that. I really need to get her involved in something before school. Does anyone know of a girl scout troop or something around here?
Anyway..................................

We were able to get to Deadwood on Friday night before the terrible storm hit and as we ate that wonderful food..we were able to watch the tornado warnings on the big screen....they were pretty close to us.

We met my boss, Joyce and her husband Keith there and Mallory ate up every bit of attention she could. I could tell she was a little disappointed in the gift...She was looking forward to toys..but Joyce thought she would like a cute little summer/spring outfit. But she was polite and said thank you.


The gift shop had tons of Star Wars figures and ships...so she was able to enjoy ice cream and pick out another gift from us....She decided to get the X Wing...Luke Skywalker's ship for those of you not sure what I am talking about. (i am learning)

Made it to Greenville before the next storm hit and got a nice room and was able to relax...she played and we all hit the sack.

Next morning, we had breakfast at the Cracker Barrell and she enjoyed looking around the gift area there.

Picked Stevie up from the Hilton where he attended a Stores Online.Com seminar. Great idea by the way if you would be interested in selling online.

Mallory finally was able to get to the mall to the Wacker Bear store...She had already decided what she wanted so she went straight to it. She made a bunny in which she named BUNNY.

She helped the girl stuff it and did some little tricks to make the heart beat and placed it inside the bunny. Once you do that, you move on the computer where you enter information so you can recieve a Birth Certificate. It requires your mailing address and stuff, so Stevie and I were putting all of it together and she just thought that was awesome that we were "sharing".

She chose a Snow White dress for BUNNY and two white hair bowes.

The young lady that checked us out was extremely nice and told us about a KIDSFEST coming to Greenville April 25th.

She said it was all FREE and it's where businesses set up booths for advertisement...Each sponser has to have an activity. She said it was really fun for the kids...We are planning to attend so if anyone needs anymore info, just let me know.

Sunday night we had a family b-day party and was able to get a Princess Leia cake.
She was tickled!
Monday while we were all away from home, her swing set was put up at the house. Stevie and I wanted to be home at the same time so we could both see her when she caught site of it in the yard...So I was somehow able to distract her when I drove up and waited for Stevie to get home...Her face was priceless.
We had a busy weekend but it was worth every bit. She will only turn 5 once so we wanted to spend the weekend doing all the things she wanted to do...It was MALLORY WEEKEND...i know, cheesy but hey...to us it is important.

Here are some pics of the weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Yay!! I'm so glad ya'll had a great "Mallory Weekend"! I bet she just loves that swingset. It looks great and looks like fun too. That house would be my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad Mallory had a wonderful birthday. I know she loves her swingset.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we all deserve a Birthday Weekend every year! lol BJ, Mallory is very sweet and polite. I was expecting a very shy child that would probably be a little timid to speak to me when I met her, but she was very nice! She is so cute! Thanks for sharing the Birthday weekend with us and I am glad everything worked out with the swingset.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad she had such a wonderful birthday. I love the ice cream face....I don't think the Mallory Weekend was silly at all....I think it was WONDERFUL and very important.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a BEAUTIFUL little girl you have:-) Sounds like she had a great bday weekend...what a special weekend! And I know she is really enjoying that swingset!

    ReplyDelete