Thursday, April 9, 2009

Relay for Life

April 24th and 25th @ Chowan College in Murfreesboro Relay for Life will be held.
I have two very special friends that are currently in remission.

Sharon Vinson was dx with breast cancer when her daughter, Katie Lee, was 3 months. Sharon had a total mastectomy and today, 5 years later, is doing great.

Christy Brinkley was dx with colon cancer @ age 25 and again @ age 26. She has had 2 major surgeries and her last report was great.

Both were going thru this at the same exact time. I stayed positive and I thank God they are both here with me today!

Darleen (sister) and I have been asked to be a member of the Relay for Life Team, Cheryls Girls.
In memory of Cheryl Coley.
Well, Darleen and I were asked to do the entertainment for their group.
We have beat our heads on this one...not sure what to do as the talent. We have had lots of suggestions and of course SHOOP was many of the suggestions.
Sharon Vinson has requested that we do Shoop in dedication to her and Christy...Soooo, Saturday morning @ Relay, Darleen and I will be performing Shoop on stage.
Not sure how yet but we will be doing it. The only problem is...Cheryl's Girls have NEVER lost the talent competition and now this is on our shoulders..GREAT!!

Wish us luck.

8 comments:

  1. Good luck with the talent competition! I know it's going to be great! I love your new layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know it will be GREAT! Everyone will LOVE it! Wish I could be there to see it! I will be out there on Friday to support! And woo hoo...so glad you got your blog fixed...Mandy is GREAT at that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the header picture...Mallory is such a cutie pie! What time is the talent show?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I can't wait to see that!!! I'll be up there with all of our kiddo's doing a song. Not looking forward to that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love your header picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you got it all straight with your blog. I will check what I have down. I think I have been getting on O.K. I love the header.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish ya'll the best of luck and I know that it will be great. I am glad to see you have your blog fixed and I love the header picture. Mallory is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck... Judson and I will be coming. I am sure you girls will win!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete