Friday, March 6, 2009

Children's Consignment

My dream is to open a Children's Consignment Shop in this area...Like Ahoskie or Roanoke Rapids...but I am SOOOOOOOOO scared.
I know it can do well b/c that's the highest selling market...Children's Clothes & people today don't buy brand new clothes unless it's a special occasion.
I love to shop, don't get me wrong and I love to buy Mallory sassy little outfits for going out and stuff but not everyday things.
I also love children's consignment stores.
**Instead of actually opening a STORE, I was thinking of having a huge consignment sell right before summer. What I was thinking was renting a huge bldg space and getting others to help with that and have booths or sections and selling clothes that they will no longer need/use.

If anyone of you are like me...Mommies like to buy for their children before them and I think it's an addiction.

4 comments:

  1. I now exactly what you mean. Mason is already going into 3-6 month clothes (he will be 3 months on the 20th) because of his length. I told Charlie (my DH) that if we didn't have another boy, we had alot of clothes to get rid of. I hate to get rid of them now just in case.

    Getting into a new venture is VERY scary. Charlie and I always come up with these little money making "schemes" but never follow through. The only thing we will venture into is crafts at Christmas. We try to come up with a new little craft idea each year because we know folks have a hard time buying for their family members. We did pretty well this past Christmas with our plaques. I have some posts on my blog with pictures. They are back in my December posts if you want to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you could sell some on esty or ebay as well. A couple of years ago I had a yard sale with tons and tons of little girl clothes and they sold like hotcakes! Ever since then I've been giving all of my old stuff to a girl in town who has five kids and could use the hand-me-downs. But if I go through some more by the time you need them I will let you know. I think you should be able to do well, b/c people around here love second hand stores.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so nice to meet you last night. I am looking forward to reading your blog and getting to know you better. Good Luck with your new adventure.

    ReplyDelete