Sunday, March 22, 2009

Pain Meds Please

Decided Friday morning I would attempt to finally lay the bricks for a small patio @ my back door...well, all the bricks were put down and I was able to finish up around 4pm with a LITTLE help from Mallory. She was "tired" about the 3rd brick so I told her to just walk on them and that would help....she was able to do that for a bit.
Got the bricks down and not sure really what I was doing but I was told to lay them down as level as possible and go back over them with sand so it could settle in the cracks...well ain't soooo easy people.
Let me tell you, I was already sore when I finished and went on the Ms. Leah's 4th B-day party which was a HIT!! Donielle has 3 amazing little girls..She is a terrific mom and Jimmy is a terrific dad! They did a cool magic show which was very impressive! I can't get my child to leave my side to play for 5 minutes but all 3 of hers entertained everyone!
Thanks for the invite and I hope Leah likes the candy.
*Back to the patio. The next morning needless to say I could barely get out of bed. I tiptoed around the house for awhile...popped a BC body pain and took off the RR to shop for somemore outdoor stuff.
Talked my sister, Darleen, into loading up one of those clay fire pit thingies and left her to do it alone...i was checking out..She was thinking a man would offer to help her so she tugged at it a couple of times until she realized no one was volunteering, so she decided at that point that she was going to pick that thing up alone if she had to die doing it....She got it in the cart and rolled it up to us as if it was not a problem at all. Let me mention, she is ALOT smaller than me so this was really funny. I couldn't even bend to tie my shoes let alone help her pick this thing up, I was going to ask a Lowe's employee.
Anyway, ...yesterday was nothing compared to today. I can't even extend my legs all the way, when I walk I am doing it with my knees slightly bent.
I NEED PAIN MEDS!! I hurt so bad. The sad part about it is...I am not even finished.

8 comments:

  1. Girl, you need some Biofreeze and massage from Darleen...lol. Isn't she a massage therapist or something like that? Biofreeze does wonders for me...well...when it will be a little while before my next chiropractor appointment. It is hard to find, but it is great stuff for aches and pains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mandy, you need a good massage! About the no help with loading stuff...that's something Jimmy mentioned when we went to Lowe's to pick up our countertops. Him and I were trying to figure out the best way to load it with three girls in tow. He said, "You'd think that after all the money we spent they would have at least offered to help load it." I hope you start feeling better, and I really appreciate you guys coming to the party. We had such a good time, and you will definitely have to bring Mallory over again to play when there aren't as many kids around. She is so so cute! And to be as shy as you say she is, she is very polite and answers me when I ask her questions. My kids barely do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BJ you better be careful. Where's out before pictures?? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. After working in the yard it takes me a few days to recover as well. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you'll feel better soon...definately get the biofreeze...that stuff works wonders!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You poor thing! I hope you get to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It took me a good 5 days...but i can bend down without screaming...I no longer walking on hot coals.

    ReplyDelete